Wandsworth Borough Council
New Council Chamber AV system and web casting interface
Wandsworth Borough Council engaged Kromers to help manage the specification, tender procurement, deployment and sign-off of a new Audio Visual system featuring:
- Dual large screen projection presentation
- Wireless delegate system
- Integrated multi-camera system with auto camera tracking and OSD delegate naming
- Simplified camera and presentation recording system
- Separate voting system with PowerPoint and other software integration
- Web-casting integration
- Technician control point with full camera previewing and main screen monitoring
- Simple-use wireless microphones and background audio for other ceremonies
- Integration of wireless delegate system for use within other spaces in the council building
Kromers remit included gathering and recording the business requirements in conjunction with the Democratic Services client, translating these requirements into a signed-off functional brief, and conversion of this into a technical solution with supporting documentation including System Schematics, Equipment List (BoM), Layout Plans, and Functional Narrative.
We also provided a full commercial and technical Scope of Works that formed the basis of the contractual engagement with the successful bidder, which included build standards, vendor delivery performance specifications, and specification of a 5 year, fully inclusive, service, support and maintenance solution.
Kromers then helped the council analyse the received bids for both technical and commercial compliance, and made a recommendation against who should be selected.
Kromers final phase of works was to monitor build quality both on-site, and off-site at the AV specialist’s factory, with final on-site witnessing of a completed system plus user training.
The final solution has proven a great success with increased performance and reliability.
Wandsworth Borough Council, Adam Etherington said:
“Kromers services were exactly what the council required, and our project was a great success”